I live to eat and love to cook. Welcome to my life!

January 1, 2010

Fresh starts

So maybe mixing tequila shots with wine wasn't the best idea.....but it sure was fun at the time!

We spent New Years Eve at a friends house on the hill, celebrating with a fantastic group of people, eating delicious munchies, imbibing all manner of delicious adult beverages and were dropped off at our front door by the limo provided by our gracious hosts. Plus I got to kiss my sweetie at midnight and slow dance with him under the stars and a full moon. Not a bad way to end what was really kind of a crummy year overall.

I awoke today to the tune of the ten little drummers making an album inside my head and welcomed the first day of 2010 with a bottle of water and 2 Excedrin.

And a craving for something tasty. Donuts maybe? Something with bacon perhaps? Something that was easy, that is for sure.....My brain can't handle much more just yet.

mmmmmmm.....coffee cake.

I think it cures what ails ya because I felt better before it was even out of the oven :)

Quick Coffee Cake
1/ 2 cups sifted flour
1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
2/3 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla

Streusel
2 T flour
2 T butter
5 T brown sugar

Blend dry ingredients and cream in the butter until smooth. Add sugar, egg, milk & vanilla and pour in to a greases 9x9 pan.

Blend the streusel ingredients together and sprinkle over the cake batter evenly.

Bake at 350 for about 25-30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.

Eat it hot, right out of the pan. Soooooo goooood!!!

Happy New Year!!!!

No comments: